Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Birthday Cards

Happy Wednesday fellow crafters...I decided to do another birthday card, this time, I chose torquoise as my base color. I decided that I wanted to start this year using some of my cartridges that I recently purchased along with some older cartridges that way my inspiration of "why I just had to have that cartridge " would resurface and cause me to use a new one and a older one on the same day. Although right now I am posting a more recent purchased cart, my next posting will be of a older one I've had for a while.
I was inspired to make this ice cream cone and place a face on the strawberry to give it a little happy look!
I used Sweet Treats cart and cut out the ice cream at 4", I used chocolate cardstock for the background of my card, then I topped it with a torquoise cardstock embossed with the words "happy birthday", I felt that my ice cream cone was a little bland looking so I blinged up the ice cream and strawberry with some glitter, I shaded the cone itself with a "color box" chalk" brown around the edges, then I stamped my word "happy birthday" from stampin up, used my white gel pen to stitch around the chocolate edge of the card, the ribbon of torquoise w/brown dots was my inspiration of colors to use.
Hope you like.....my goal is to have at least (6) feminine birthday cards ready, and (6) male birthday cards..never know when you will need to send one out!
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment