Thursday, February 17, 2011

Birthday Cards

I just got a kick outta making this birthday card. Peachy Keen stamps makes it so easy-peasy to do facial expressions...as I stated previously on the other card, I starting to use more of my older carts with some new ones, and I am finding that there are so many images that you would never run out of what to create if you were to make something from every image on each cart...ok, enough of my brainy thoughts (lol)
I created this card with Paper Doll Dress Up cart and I selected Raggdy Ann, and I used my Gypsy to remove the cut-outs of the face so I could use my facial stamp...I don't know if Raggdy Ann is afraid, surprised, or actually gonna blow out the candles...so I decided to put a sayin "Make A Wish", and I thought the flowers could use some bling on the cake, so I placed mini rhinestones on the flowers, the stamp is from stampin-up, I added some twine, a button, and I thought the card needed some background color, so I striped it with the matching plaid from Ann's bloomers, and topped it with a Red square, I corner punched  the red square and used my white gel to make it pop....Voila!!! I hope this gives you inspiration to create some diff background without overpowering the main piece-Raggdy Ann!!! Isn't she cute.....

No comments:

Post a Comment