Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Birthday to HUBBY!



Hello fellow crafters!!! Hope you are gearing up for a creative weekend.....unfortunately tomorrow I will be dividing my craft time to spend the evening with hubby to celebrate his birthday. I made this card for him today and I was not quite sure what I wanted to create, I knew it needed to be something different from what I had made in the past, so I selected my background pattern first, which was from "My Minds Eye", then I decided to work with creams and chocolate....so then I reached for my "A Childs Year" cart and found the tag shape to stamp the sentiment on ..tag was cut at 1 3/4"(cream tag) the chocolate background tag was cut @ 2", I placed a chocolate brad in the center, I used Tim Holtz distress ink-tea dye around the edges...added some chocolate gel ink to doodle around the curves. the sentiment says "the more Candles, the bigger the Wish!" from stampin-up, I then thought about placing this on top of something that would really make it pop, so I pulled out my embossing folder that says HAPPY BIRTHDAY....I added some chocolate gros-grain ribbon, a bow, and MS butterfly punch brought it all together..awhhhh! So glad  I came up with something different, and classy for my man (lol).....I also used my chomper to do a little something extra on the pattern background edges....I hope you find this card inspiring....and don't be afraid to add butterflies to your man's card.
Your comments as usual are always welcomed!!!!
Until next time....keep those creative juices flowing......

No comments:

Post a Comment