Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

I decided it was time to do another layout!  I was searching for my camera's SD-CARD, and when I finally found it, I put in my little Epson Photo Lab to see what pictures I had not printed out, and then I realized I had not printed out my Mother's Day photo of my two youngest! I have been busy using my other camera and this SD Card had been missing since May......anyway I decided to do a layout. These photos are special to me because last Mother's Day 2010 both of my kids were living in other parts of the U.S. My daughter was in Atlanta, and my son was in Texas....it was really rough getting through that day....but this year both kids were here to celebrate with me. My daughter had moved back to Calif. last Septemeber, and my son surprised me by flying in to spend Mother's day weekend with me!
Recipe for this layout: 12x12 white cardstock background
I took a country blue strip2 1/2x7" trim the edge with MS Floral punch
I overlayed the top with a 1 1/2" x7" strip to place the lettering on ....I used Jubilee Cart  for the letters cut @ 1 1/2" then I popped the sign to give demensions. I matted the photos with the same colors, and the smaller photo with the three of us I found a printed punch out frame from my stash.
I then added the punch out of MEMORIES and popped it, I took some organza ribbon and placed it in the center of the LO and added ribbon bows and three buttons...different sizes and bakers twine made bows with the twine. Then I found that I had in my stash a Recollections silk flower that matched...I did my journaling on the computer and matted it on white cardstock, then I frame it with country blue cardstock (from DCWV) I thought the mini button brads were cute so I added those around the journal tag and then popped the entire tag, I used black & white gel pen to doodle around the edge of white and blue tag.
I hope you get some great LO ideas from this posting....until next time....have a crafty weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment