Monday, June 6, 2011

Father's Day Cards

I know for the most part, most father's day cards always have something masculine on it to symbolize father's day.....I chose to do something a little different this card by showing dad with his daughter, and son....I selected the images from my "A child's year" cartridge.
This card is for my brother-n-law. He is a dad of girls and boys, so why not show that image on the face of the card. I sure hopes he likes it. Inside the card I have place (2) photos, one of the photos is of his first born, and second daughter (who is no longer with us). The second daughter died as an infant.
The photo is over 50yrs old....I am not sure he remembers this photo...I am hoping it brings him joy to have a photo of his precious daughters, Loretha & Ernestka (deceased).......the recipe is as follows
A Child's year Cart: images cut@ 3 1/2"
MS Punch:Spring
DCWV: Foil paper
Brown Gross Grain Ribbon
Brown & Tan Textured Cardstock
Happy Father's Day (printed from computer in brown)
all paper is cut to fit store bought Recollection cards
Hope you get inspired to try something un-traditional for a father's day card.....until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment