Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hubby's Father's Day Gift

 I have become in love with  making canvas layouts ......I made 5 of them last year for christmas gifts for the kids, of course they are all grown up wth kids of their own now. I saw how much my hubby wished he had one of all the kids all together since it is really hard now, with the kids scattered acros the globe, so recently in cleaning up the garage I ran across this photo taken 26 years ago....I made a larger copy of a smaller photo and from there I went to work on creating a keepsake for my hubby. He can now look at "All My Chilwren", I love taking the word Children and changin it to the way folks from mississippi would say it "Chilwren"....I posted some of his favorite lullabye's he would sing to the kids along with their names on the upper journal tag.
I also use various embellishments from my stash....and I am showing off some of the new brads that I received recently from a fellow crafter...Roberta E. from http://www.thepapercraftingleague.blogspot.com/.
Along with winning a fiskars paper trimmer from her last month, she also surprised me with a bonus of assorted colors & sizes brads....the paper used was from Basic Grey...add some flowers, bling, ribbon
and now I have completed a masterpiece for him to have.... I hope this inspire you to be just as creative this weekend....





No comments:

Post a Comment